MARKETING PLAN PROJECT
Due Week 12/13 (as nominated)
30% (Presentation 10% and Written assignment 20%)
On the day of your presentation you must ensure you have:
? Submitted the project electronically using the link for Turnitin which has been set up on iLearn for you
? Provide to Bronwyn, just prior to your presentation, a hardcopy print out of your presentation slides
? Submit a hardcopy directly to Bronwyn at the time of your presentation
? Complete and submit Peer evaluation forms directly to your lecturer.
Reports should no more than 3000 words
• 12-point font, single spaced.
• Focus on quality, not quantity (typing, spelling & grammar mistakes will see a reduction in points)
A maximum 10 minute presentation to be given in week 12 or 13 (class session and order of presentation to be nominated)
UNDERSTANDING OF THE AUDIENCE 5%
• Use strategies learnt in class to help you identify either an opportunity or problem (supported by research, either primary or secondary).
• Make sure that you are clear in identifying current situation and where you want to move to in the future i.e. what is your growth strategy, what opportunity do you see?
• RESEARCH! What applications exist, what are in development?
• Use PESTLE and porter’s 5 forces.
Objectives: Corporate & Marketing Objectives
• Specific, Measureable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely
Segmentation and Target Market
• Several segments identified and consumer behaviour/ decision making knowledge.
• Use of demographics, geographics, psychographics, behavioural (benefits sought, usage rate)
• Justification for chosen target (attractiveness of segments – Substantial, Measureable, Accessible, Responsive)
• Target Market Strategy (Undifferentiated, Concentrated, Multi-segment, One-on-One)
• Competitive alternatives for the use of your product
PRACTICALITY AND IMPACT 10%
Positioning (if applicable to your chosen application)
? Positioning Statement/Value proposition
? Current Perceptual Map
? Future Perceptual Map
? Core, actual, augmented
? Product by Involvement (convenience, shopping, speciality, unsought)
? Always ask yourself do my strategies fit in with my corporate and marketing objectives? Am I creating customer value? Does my product have a perfect fit to the needs and wants of my target market?
? Start planning the creative component of your project. How are you going to present it? Are you going to have a social media campaign in support of it?
? Identify and discuss challenges to adoption and implementation;
? Cost or value based pricing approach
? Price elasticity considerations
? Strategy (skimming, penetration, parity)
? Tactics for fine-tuning (discounts, geographic, special pricing tactics)
? Always ask yourself do my strategies fit in with my corporate and marketing objectives? What do they mean for your competitive position in the market? Am I creating customer value? Does my pricing strategy have a perfect fit to the needs and wants of my target market?
? Work on your creative component
? Type of marketing channel (use of intermediaries).
? Distribution intensity (intensive, selective, exclusive).
? Always ask yourself do my strategies fit in with my corporate and marketing objectives? Am I creating customer value? Does my distribution strategy have a perfect fit to the needs and wants of my target market?
? Work on your creative component.
? (Promotional Objectives) – also draw on your knowledge from lecture material on consumer decision making here.
? Promotional mix
? Push vs Pull Strategy
? Always ask yourself do my strategies fit in with my corporate and marketing objectives? Am I creating customer value? Does my promotional strategy allow me to communicate effectively with my target market?
? This is where you can start to implement promotional knowledge into your creative component. Implementation: Develop an action plan outlining when you are going to implement each of the components of your campaign.
Controls and Implementation Schedule (Please include in all assignments)
Impress us with your out-of-the-box thinking. Whether it is the fundamental idea behind your response, how it is executed, or simply what message you will convey.
-Come up with an innovative promotional strategy!
Clarity of entry with the focus of delivering one main idea. This would include the organisation and completeness of materials of your submission.
-Mock up an ad, film a video! The more creative your presentation, the more marks you will receive!
Some Helpful Resources
• ABS (including consumption data)
• IBIS world
• CIA factbook
• Company 360 (private company data)
• Google Scholar
o Newspaper reports
o Company reports
• Ad Age
This is the guideline. My group is doing on CHARLIE JUICE. Competitors: Nudie Juice, 2 daily juice and groove juice. Our marketing plan is about how to market Charlie Juice more effectively and how to make it better in Australia so that it can help to increase the sale of charlie juice. And also how you want to see it in the future.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]